..Miss Gracie's Sweet Shoppe..
Add a little sweetness to your life!


Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Run your Kilt off!




Well, did I run my kilt off ? I am not sure about that - ( I wasn't wearing one!), but I did run and I ran well, I might add. This expression pretty much sums up what I was feeling when I finished...



For this particular 1/2 marathon it is a 2000 foot ascent and descent, which basically means STEEP up and STEEPER down! I finished first in my division with a time of 1 hour 54 minutes and 39 seconds. That's slow for me to run 13 miles on flat terrain, but great considering the conditions. My running coaches told me not to expect to finish faster than 2 hours 10 minutes - I told them be at the finish line before 2 hours - I'll be there! That was the best part of the whole race ... totally proving them wrong. Sorry Dad and Hector, you weren't right this time!


The next 1/2 marathon is scheduled for May 17th. God-willing I will do as well in that one, too!


Oh, and I almost forgot to mention my prize: a whiskey flask. Why, I don't know but let's just say this race is not necessarily for the sane!

3 comments:

Mrs. MK said...

huh....gotta love that flask....

Great update! And I didn't know about the NEXT half marathon.....I thought I heard "Coach" say that 10K was it for now? Anyway, conratulations on finishing well!!

Mrs. MK said...

hey, you have to check this out---you can make your own cookbook!!

Sounds like fun to me!!

http://www.tastebook.com/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Looks like so much work.

RCY: Lol, Actually when I read that I literally just about died laughing. It was funny and the laugh was good for me I needed it. See, when I was way younger my classmates were ALWAYS teasing me like this: "Veasy's hands are greasy from woking on Vonda's Honda that goes 'VROOOONDA,VROOONDA,VRONDA!" That is what it reminded me of and I had almost forgotten. So really I didnt mind! :)