Friday, November 30, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
If I had a vote I would say forget the turkey and mashed potatoes -- let's just eat pie! Actually, I kinda dislike making pumpkin pies because they are really hard to make look very pretty-- the crust always slips or gets burnt or SOMETHING before the custard is actually set up. Oh well, they still tast pretty good and I shouldn't worry much since it disapears so quickly. Note to self: Make a pecan pie ( or 2 ) next Thanksgiving.
On a different note besides pie:
~ things I am thankful for this year~
1) God and His wonderful Word, The BIBLE. It always seems fresh and new with something powerful to say to me everytime I open it!
2) Family... That flag football game was sure fun today
3) 3 darling blue-eyed little nephews
4) A warm bed to crawl into every night
5) A daddy that takes me to races, even on Thanksgiving morning! ( yep, I ran in a 5 K race this morning - it was quite nippy!)
6) AND many more blessings, more than I can count... God is so good... there is no excuse for a lack of joy in my life, that is for sure!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
6 Interesting Facts about ME:
1) I LOVE to run. Yep, I would probably pick that if I had a choice of one thing to do. Yes, my friends think I am an extraterrestial being - all I wanted to do for my 17th birthday was to run the farthest I have ever run. I ran 6.2 miles which isn't that impressive, but, my bodyguard (Dad) can get a little bored riding his bike, so I haven't ever really had the chance to run as far as I could.
2)I love listening to Josh Groban and Skillet, Michael Buble and Lifehouse, Chopin and Downhere. Kinda different, huh?
3) My favorite movie at the moment would be No Reservations. Jane Eyre( the new Masterpiece Theatre one) is pretty good too.
4)I have played the piano for over 10 years... wow, that's a long time once I think about it.
5)I get really nervous for piano competitions and recitals but I NEVER get nervous for Volleyball and Basketball games.
6)I have no idea what I am going to do after I graduate from highschool this year - I'm just waiting for God's direction... it's hard being patient for Him to work things out! :-)
I don't know who to tag yet. I'll let you know when I figure it out!
Cranberry Cheesecake Bars, Mint Brownies, Chocolate Toffee Pecan Bars
Cinnamon TwistsHere is how I packaged the marshmallows - I don't think the picture does justice to how cute the little packages turned out!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
~Rosemary Chicken Salad Sandwhiches with Grapes and Walnuts
~Mini Lemon-Blueberry Scones
~Grapes and Carrot Sticks
~ Lemon Bars
~Good Earth Tea
Monday, November 5, 2007
I made flan (notice the link for the recipe!) on Sunday for a family get-together - we had a Mexican fiesta! Most members of our family are NOT custard people, so I was very surprised at how many liked it. I even liked it and I am included with those that usually can't stand it! I never thought flan looked all that appetizing either - another reason why I have stayed away from it. One comment I did get was that it tasted more French than Spanish because it was so rich and creamy. I wouldn't know -I never have had Creme' Caramel or Flan either here in the USA or abroad... bummer, I know! But I am really glad I tried it. Apart from the burnt sugar syrup it was incredibly EASY! The sugar syrup took me 3 tries before I finally just added extra water and then it was a great from there.