If I had a vote I would say forget the turkey and mashed potatoes -- let's just eat pie! Actually, I kinda dislike making pumpkin pies because they are really hard to make look very pretty-- the crust always slips or gets burnt or SOMETHING before the custard is actually set up. Oh well, they still tast pretty good and I shouldn't worry much since it disapears so quickly. Note to self: Make a pecan pie ( or 2 ) next Thanksgiving.
On a different note besides pie:
~ things I am thankful for this year~
1) God and His wonderful Word, The BIBLE. It always seems fresh and new with something powerful to say to me everytime I open it!
2) Family... That flag football game was sure fun today
3) 3 darling blue-eyed little nephews
4) A warm bed to crawl into every night
5) A daddy that takes me to races, even on Thanksgiving morning! ( yep, I ran in a 5 K race this morning - it was quite nippy!)
6) AND many more blessings, more than I can count... God is so good... there is no excuse for a lack of joy in my life, that is for sure!