..Miss Gracie's Sweet Shoppe..
Add a little sweetness to your life!


Sunday, October 26, 2008

Thankful X 2?

Well, I missed yesterday's thankful post... hmmm... it was for multiple reasons. I was mentally and emotionally exhausted. Truly, I haven't felt that way ever before. I can take physical exhaustion, in fact I kinda thrive on it. But mental and emotion exhaustion, um let's just say not so much! Smiling for three days straight... encouraging... be positive to everyone about everything... was almost more than I can handle. Don't take me wrong, those 3 days were a wonderful success for my volleyball team. And it was a joy to see them do so well. But it was hard I will admit!



So all that to say, I honestly wasn't all that thankful yesterday, and I couldn't muster myself up enough to push through anyway :(. But I am going to start anew and afresh today... with two things I am thankful for:


Number 1:




I am thankful for songs of worship. I am thankful for the time I can sing, focusing on how great and marvelous my LORD is!.... and was and always will be. A time to take my thoughts away from me and point them towards God. I am thankful for all the men and women that God has inspired with those words of praise and the talent to put them into song.



Number 2:


I am thankful for the apple pie I was finally able to bake today. I have been wanting to make one for weeks but haven't had a spare minute! I know it might seem silly or strange to be thankful about this small thing, but things like these are all it takes to make my day a little brighter!

1 comment:

Mrs. MK said...

Glad you found something.....

the pie looks so yummy!