..Miss Gracie's Sweet Shoppe..
Add a little sweetness to your life!


Friday, October 24, 2008

Volleyball

Today is a day to be thankful for a volleyball team... my volleyball team... by the way I am a very proud coach right now. My girls just played awesome!

So whether you eat or drink or
whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

*The team thanking the Lord for our victory*


Wow, what an experience it has been for me... a time of growth and being in awe of how God can work through somebody with my personality type and give me the courage to do this. I was scared to death at the beginning of the season, but God walked through each practice and game right next to me... whispering in my ear that through His grace I could have the confidence to do this difficult task.



I thank God that the girls respected and listened to me - even the ones who are only a few months younger than me. I am so proud of each of the girls on the team. Did I mention that we WON the CHAMPIONSHIP!!! I am thankful for the friendships that were formed between the girls and me. I am thankful that God provided a opportunity to give of myself ( or maybe it was just a huge distraction) in this time of grief - it was a reason to smile and move past the self-pity.

Thank you Lord for your goodness and blessing throughout this volleyball season... to you be the glory!

4 comments:

Mrs. MK said...

stop it......
I'm crying again!! :-)

Good job!


BTW, it looks nice changing your sports photos to b&w!

Mrs. G said...

Sorry... about the crying thing I mean ;)

The pics do look good in b&w, huh! I had to do something because the gym made the colors so weird... I hate that. So yeah, I thought I just make 'em b&w.

Mrs. G said...

Sorry... about the crying thing I mean ;)

The pics do look good in b&w, huh! I had to do something because the gym made the colors so weird... I hate that. So yeah, I thought I just make 'em b&w.

Anonymous said...

See, i told you that my picture looks terrible!!!! AH